This cake smells amazing! The smell of chocolate and almonds fills the house with anticipation.
Difficulty: Medium | Cooking time: 1½ hours rising time, 45 minutes | Yield: 12-14 servings
For the dough:
- 20g Fresh yeast
- 1 cup Warm milk/water (240ml)
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 100g Butter OR ⅓ cup Oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
- 4½ cups White flour or 80% Whole wheat flour
- For the filling:
- 100g Sliced almonds
- 200g Dark chocolate
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp Whipping cream (dairy, parve or coconut cream)
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 4 tbsp Almonds, cut into sticks
- For the glaze:
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
1. Preparing the dough: Mix the yeast with the milk\water until it melts. In a large bowl, mix the oil/butter, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, eggs and 1 cup of flour. Add the yeast mixture and mix well. Add the rest of the flour gradually until the dough it smooth and soft (you can knead in a mixer). Knead an additional 5 min and place the dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise for ½ hours.
2. Preparing the filling: Roast the almonds on a dry pan for 4-5 minutes on a high flame while stirring. Make sure not to burn the almonds. You can also roast the in the oven on 200*c for 4-5 minutes. Chill. Grind the almonds, chocolate and sugar in a food processor until you get even crumbs. Add the cream and keep grinding until you get a cream. Set aside.
3. Preparing the cake: Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and roll each part to a long rectangle that is 10cm wide. Smear the dough with the filling and roll tightly. Cut up into 3 cm pieces and place in the EasyCook pot, one next to the other. Cover with a whisked egg and sprinkle almonds on it.
4. Select the PRO setting on your EasyCook pot and set it to 30*c for 20 min. Let it rise. Select the CAKE setting, set it on 50 minutes and bake. When the cake is ready, melt the water and sugar in a saucepan to create a glaze and pour over the warm cake to absorb. Cool the cake completely before serving.
By the way, the EasyCook has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish and turn off the function, press and hold the "Warm/Cancel" button. The cooker will display all the programs, and the heating process will be over.