Bao (Steamed buns) using EasyCook
- 2 cups Flour
- ¾ cup Water with 1 Tbsp tomato paste (for the orange bun dough)
- ½ cup Pesto with ¼ cup of water (for the green bun dough)
- ¾ cup Water (for regular buns)
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Yeast
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
1. Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl - to create an orange bun, add ¾ cup of water and 1 tbsp of tomato paste to the dough, and to create a green bun, add ½ cup of pesto with ¼ cup of water to the dough. Knead until dough is even. Cover the dough with a moist towel or plastic wrap and let it rise to double the size.
2. After the dough has risen, knead all the air out and form little balls from the dough.
3. Place the balls in the steaming tray of the EasyCook cooker for another 10 minutes to rise.
4. When the dough has risen again, fill the pot of the EasyCook multi-cooker with water, start the Steam setting and set it for 10 minutes.
5. Once the program has been set and steam has started to form in the pot, place the steaming tray with the buns inside the multi-cooker for 10 minutes on the Steam setting.
6. Carefully remove the steaming tray with the buns from the multi-cooker and set the aside to cool for a couple of minutes.
7. In the meantime, you can create fillings for the buns (they’re delicious on their own too). We’ve prepared a fresh vegetable salad and a fried egg.
By the way, the multi-cooker has a heat preservation function that starts automatically after the cooking process is over. To finish, press and hold the "Cancel" button.